Skip to main content

Go Search
> Frequently Asked Questions > Veteran Call-In for Claim Exemption  

Frequently Asked Questions: Veteran Call-In for Claim Exemption


Veteran Call-In for Claim Exemption 


In light of the recent change in W.S. 39-13-105, Counties can now accept telephone or other communication methods from veterans to renew their exemption claims.  However, to do so, the County must ensure the veteran has filed a sworn claim (signed application) and has provided a copy of the discharge document before granting any exemption.  If the veteran files a sworn claim (signed application) without it being notarized, the County can now accept it.
The County will be required to record the date and time of when each Veteran calls in to renew their claim for the current year.

Date Posted


Submitted By

DAve Chapman, TSG 


Created at 11/29/2011 4:37 PM  by David Chapman 
Last modified at 5/13/2013 1:50 PM  by Mark Johnson