Under title 39-13-105(d), the veteran can qualify in the current tax year for the real property exemption under the following conditions:
1. The veteran was honorably discharged in the current tax year after the fourth Monday in May.
2. The veteran was the owner of record on the real property as of January 1st of the current tax year.
3. The real property in question is the veteran's primary residence.
4. The veteran meets the minimum residency requirements for the exemption program.
5. The veteran must meet all other qualifying criteria per W.S. 39-13-105(a)(vi).
For County reimbursement purposes, if the claim is received after the fourth Monday in May, but before September 1st, the county may claim the reimbursement with the current tax year. If the claim is received after September 1st, but before December 31st, the county would claim the reimbursement in the following tax year.